The RiverLevels widget provides an easy way to monitor the amount of water flowing in your favorite streams and rivers right from your Dashboard. The RiverLevels widget is of particular interest to whitewater kayakers and canoeists.
Once any United States Geological Survey (USGS) stream-gauge station is selected, it is automatically refreshed to always provide you with the latest graph of the water-level. As of version 1.2 you can choose between two graph styles: discharge in cubic feet per second (CFS) and water-height in feet.
This widget is Free software, licensed under the GNU General Public License (GPL) version 3 or later.
- OS X – 10.4 “Tiger” or later
- Fix for image URL change in USGS site.
- New zip archive includes the ‘library’ directory missing in the 1.2 release.
- Fixed Leopard (10.5) compatability bug.
- Added the ability to choose Gauge Height (ft) in addition to discharge (CFS).
- Fixed graphs extending off bottom of widget
- Fixed invisibility of front refresh icon
Pingback: AdamFranco.com » Blog Archive » River Levels Widget v1.2.1
Is there a problem with the widget?
I cannot get it to work any more.
Ron, Are you having problems with version 1.2.2 or an earlier version?
As a retired hydrologist for the USGS who ran the Washington (state) real-time streamflow system (satellite downlink to Web) this is a cool tool. Please let me know if you have any questions you think I could help.
I loved this widget when it worked. Have downloaded latest version 1.2.2 and still can’t get it to link to the sites I choose. Would like to have it back and working again….advice?
How can I get this widget to work with Mac OS 10.8? I live on one of the rivers in the list and it would be a great help to know when flooding is on the way.